One item I put on the gift registry was a breadmaker. It was an item I've always wanted, but would never buy for myself (unless it was a totally GREAT deal that I couldn't pass up). Up till recently, I found deals on breadmakers, but was always able to walk away from it. In placing the item on the registry, I never would have thought we would actually get one. Imagine my surprise when my cousin-in-law walked in carrying the breadmaker in her hands when she arrived at the community centre. I think I played it cool the whole time though. Suppressing my excitement as I immediately had images of beautiful loaves of bread going through my mind and the idea of the smell of fresh, homemade bread baking filling the house.
I marvelled at the machine when we got home and was determined to make a loaf, but deck construction took me away from the baking. This weekend, I was determined to bake some bread, so last night I made my first loaf (with the help of my favorite cousin-in-law - who was not the breadmaker presenter, but was just as stoked as I was to watch this piece of machinery in action).
Introducing our 1st-born breadmaker baby: Cinnamon Swirl Loaf!


By the way, the bread tasted SO GOOD!
Looks nummers! So, is the machine awesome or what?
ReplyDelete